1. A full refund will be issued if a program is cancelled.
2. If a participant drops a program prior to the start and no costs have been incurred, a $5 per program service fee will be charged and a refund will be issued.
3. If a participant drops a special event and SSSRA has incurred no costs due to purchase of tickets, rentals, deposits, etc., a $5 service fee per event will be charged and a refund will be issued.
4. In the event of prolonged illness or moving, a $5 service fee will be charged for each program and/or event, and a pro-rated refund issued. A doctor’s notice is required for illness.
5. A pro-rated refund may be given if SSSRA deems the program is inappropriate for a participant.
6. A refund will not be provided for cancellations due to inclement weather.
7. No refunds will be issued for amounts under $5.
8. All refunds will be issued by check on a monthly basis.
9. Participants who receive a scholarship will receive prorated refunds when applicable.
10. Fees will not be prorated if participants register for an event on the same day as a scheduled weekly program because programs and special events are already subsidized between 35-50%.
Non-Resident Registration and Fees
Because SSSRA is supported through the tax dollars of its member communities, the non-resident fees reflect a more equitable rate in relation to that of its tax supporting members and the actual cost of providing the programs. Non-resident policies are as follows:
1. Non-resident fees are four times the resident fee for programs, four times the resident fee for day camps and two times the resident fee for special events.
2. The non-resident pays the entire fee to SSSRA at the time of registration. Some local park districts or recreation departments may reimburse a portion of your fee.
3. Non-residents are ineligible for scholarships.
4. Non-resident registrations will be processed after the registration deadline, if vacancies still exist in the programs.
5. For in-person programs, non-residents need to turn in a registration form to the office which can be done by mail, fax, drop off, or fax.
1. Any household balance due from a previous program season must be paid in full before any registration is accepted for the current season. The balance due must be paid with cash, check, money order, VISA, MasterCard, or Discover Card.
2. Multiple Program Registration Discount: SSSRA residents will receive a $25 discount when they register for $200 or more in programs and/or special events. Please note: Winter and Spring are separate seasons. Completed registration forms and full payment must be in the SSSRA office by 5:00 pm on the registration deadline date for this to apply. No exceptions will be made to any of the criteria listed. Does not apply to Day Camp or Trips.
3. Registration forms will be accepted by walk-ins, mail, facsimile, or online. However, an individual is not considered registered until the SSSRA office has received payment in full along with the completed and signed registration form and waiver. When sending a fax to SSSRA, it is mutually understood that the facsimile document shall substitute for and have the same legal effect as the original form. Please contact the SSSRA office to confirm that your fax was received.
4. Due to increased volume of participants and programs, payment in full should accompany the registration form. Contact the SSSRA Executive Director to make any payment plan arrangements, if necessary.
5. Registrations are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
6. Programs have a minimum and maximum size. Program minimum must be met by member agency resident. If your registration is received after a program is filled, your name will be placed on a waiting list. You will be notified after a deadline only if the program is full and you did not get in.
7. Participant ages listed in the brochure are approximations. If your child is close to the ages listed, and is interested in the program, please call the Superintendent to discuss a solution.
8. If vacancies exist after the registration deadline, siblings and individuals without disabilities will be allowed to register for designated programs, as considered appropriate by SSSRA staff.
9. A $32 fee will be charged by Old Plank Trail Community Bank for any returned checks.
10. If you register after the registration deadline or after a program begins, you may not be able to attend that program the following week.