SSSRA has implemented these transportation procedures to ensure participants ride safely in our vehicles.
1. All passengers must be sitting in seats or wheelchairs with belts securely fastened. The driver will not proceed until all seat belts are fastened.
2. All wheelchairs must have brakes that are in good working order and can stop the chair from moving.
3. SSSRA has established transportation policies to ensure the safety of all passengers. If SSSRA staff determines it would be dangerous to transport an individual, SSSRA reserves the right to refuse to transport that person.
4. Persons riding in Amigo-type wheelchairs may have to transfer into a vehicle seat and use a seat belt. Amigo-type wheelchairs are not designed to transport individuals in moving vehicles.
5. Late registrants may not have transportation during the first week of programs due to routing changes. Participants are
notified if a problem occurs.
6. When transportation is included in special events, the use of vans or buses may change as necessary to accommodate group sizes and needs.
7. A minimum of three participants is required for a vehicle route to run. If there are not enough participants for the route, you will be notified.
8. If participants do not use SSSRA transportation and plan to be dropped off or picked up at a special event, please notify the SSSRA office prior to the event. Parents/guardians/group home staff are required to notify the program supervisor upon participant arrival and departure.
1. Special events have centralized pick-up and drop-off locations.
2. There are different codes for each pick-up point. Transportation is based on registration for each pick-up point. Please be sure to indicate which pick-up point you will use by documenting the correct code for the program you are registering for.
3. SSSRA cannot wait more than 10 minutes at the pick-up point due to demanding vehicle schedule.
Transportation: Door-To-Door, Persons with Physical Disabilities, and Day Camp
1. SSSRA drivers will assist participants to and from their front door; driveways/walks must be clear of debris/obstacles. SSSRA staff will not enter residences.
2. Persons unable to be in a house alone should have someone meet the van at the designated time of return. SSSRA cannot wait more than 5 minutes due to the demanding vehicle schedule.
3. SSSRA transports in-district participants only for door-to-door service.
4. For door-to-door transportation, you will be called with your pick-up time prior to the program date.
5. A minimum of three participants is required for a vehicle route to run. If there are not enough participants for the route, you will be notified.
6. Door-to-door transportation is available on a limited basis as indicated by this symbol.