Individuals who have special needs are welcome to participate alongside their peers in any programs offered by our member park districts and recreation departments.
SSSRA is committed to providing a variety of recreation and leisure choices for individuals who have special needs. We believe that all individuals should be provided with leisure opportunities that allow for success at their highest level of ability. SSSRA realizes that park district and recreation department programs may be the best choice for some.
Who is eligible to receive inclusion services?
Any individual who registers for one of our member park district or recreation department programs and has a special need is eligible for inclusion services.
What is the cost of inclusion services?
Reasonable accommodations are provided at no extra cost through SSSRA and your local park district or village. Participants pay the regular program fees to the park district.
What accomodations are available?
- Activity modification
- Disability awareness training
- Behavior management support
- Sign language interpreter
- Observation and evaluation
- Adaptive equipment
- Visual systems
- Varying levels of support based on individual assessment
What are the benefits of inclusion?
- Ensures that all residents are given the freedom of CHOICE
- Fosters and increased sense of independence in leisure activities
- Provides an opportunity for all residents of a community to learn more about each other, to appreciate individual differences and to celebrate diversity
- Provides services focused on meeting the needs, interests and abilities of each individual
- Enhances the quality of life for all involved in the process
For more information about inclusion services, please contact
815-806-0384, ext. 13